Talks and events
I am always keen to talk about this research — if you would like to discuss a talk on topics covered in the book (or anything else!), please contact me on t.highfield @ qut.edu.au.
Previous Social Media and Everyday Politics talks:
- Oxford Internet Institute Summer Doctoral Programme, Oxford University (Oxford) – 8 July 2016
- the Annenberg School, University of Southern California (Los Angeles) – 2 November 2015
- the University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago) – 15 September 2015
- Brisbane launch – the Menagerie, Kelvin Grove. September 2016
- international launch – International Communication Association (ICA) conference, Fukuoka. June 2016.
Related media appearances
ABC Radio National — Drive with Patricia Karvelas (30 June 2016) — interview about social media and the 2016 Australian federal election campaign
‘Covering the election beyond our memes: what role for visual politics and social media?’ — piece written for The Conversation, 13 May 2016