For media inquiries and possible talks / events, please contact me via tim.highfield AT gmail.com
Previous Social Media and Everyday Politics talks:
- Social media and politics: spreading fake news or strengthening democracy?, Palace of Westminster (London) – 5 March 2019.
- University of Ottawa, Ottawa (Canada) – 15 October 2018.
- ‘Social media and everyday politics, re-examined: The impact of fake news, the alt-right, and the clickbait president’. International Communication Association Populism, Post-Truth Politics and Participatory Culture pre-conference, San Diego (USA) – May 2017.
- Oxford Internet Institute Summer Doctoral Programme, Oxford University, Oxford (United Kingdom) – 8 July 2016
- the Annenberg School, University of Southern California, Los Angeles (USA) – 2 November 2015
- the University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago (USA) – 15 September 2015
- Brisbane launch – the Menagerie, Kelvin Grove. September 2016
- international launch – International Communication Association (ICA) conference, Fukuoka. June 2016.
Related media appearances and articles
ABC Radio National — Drive with Patricia Karvelas (30 June 2016) — interview about social media and the 2016 Australian federal election campaign
‘Covering the election beyond our memes: what role for visual politics and social media?’ — piece written for The Conversation, 13 May 2016